Suliqaa tiguaqtuq maani ieukpalliktuq Wikipedia.
- 1 connectivity project
- 2 Kamanałhaaqtuq makpiġaaq
- 3 Betawiki: better support for your language in MediaWiki
- 4 The village pump
- 5 タチコマ robot
- 6 Localized logo
- 7 Multilingual Challenge
- 8 Catalan Culture Challenge
- 9 No one needs free knowledge in Esperanto
- 10 Help for translate
- 11 Request for administrator rights
- 12 Languages in censuses
- 13 Feedback request: VisualEditor's special character inserter
- 14 VisualEditor coming to this wiki
- 15 VisualEditor now active here
- 16 VisualEditor News #2—2015
connectivity project[edit | edit source]
Hallo, my name is Anastasiya Lvova, I'm "duty" in Connectivity project. The essence of the "Connectivity" project is to study and enhance the coherence of Wikipedia, or, in other words, to improve hypertext navigation between articles. The project deals with deadends, isolated articles, non-categorized articles, transitivity of the category tree, etc.
We want to work with your language version, but we need configured MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage for it (with direct links to template namespace pages, for example, ru:MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage/de:MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage/fr:MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage). Is it possible to set it up for our usage?
thanks in advance, Lvova 18:50, 12 June 2010 (UTC)
Kamanałhaaqtuq makpiġaaq[edit | edit source]
Betawiki: better support for your language in MediaWiki[edit | edit source]
Dear community. I am writing to you to promote a special wiki called Betawiki. This wiki facilitates the localisation (l10n) of the MediaWiki interface. You may have changed many messages here to use your language in the interface, but if you would log in to for example the Japanese language Wiktionary, you would not be able to use the interface as well translated as here. In fact, of 1,762 messages in the core of MediaWiki, 0.23% of the messages have been translated. Betawiki also supports the translation of messages for 126 extensions, with 2,174 messages. Many of them are used in WMF projects and they are vital for understanding the wiki. Currently 0.00% of the WMF extension messages have been translated. Translators for over 90 languages contribute their work to MediaWiki this way every month.
If you wish to contribute to better support of your language in MediaWiki, as well as for many MediaWiki extensions, please visit Betawiki, create an account and request translator privileges. You can see the current status of localisation of your language on MediaWiki.org and do not forget to get in touch with others that may already be working on your language on Betawiki.
If you have any further questions, please let me know on my talk page on Betawiki. We will try and assist you as much as possible, for example by importing all messages from a local wiki for you to start with, if you so desire.
The village pump[edit | edit source]
Hi, I'd like to request a bot flag for タチコマ robot:
- Operator: commons:User:White Cat
- Purpose: Interwiki, Double redirects, commons delinking
- Software: Pywikipedia, awb
- Bot with Flag: (full list)
- Details: autonomous and supervised.
- If this is the wrong place for this request, please move it to the right location.
Localized logo[edit | edit source]
The Wikimedia Foundation recentlythe official Wikipedia globe. We realize that a lot of projects have never had a localized logo in their native language, so we are making sure that we create logos for every Wikipedia project that we have. The only issue is: we can't figure out what should be on your localized logo. :-)
Could you please provide a translation for the following?
- The Free Encyclopedia
Multilingual Challenge[edit | edit source]
|Please help: replace this red text with a translation of the English message below. Thank you!|
|Announcing the Derby Multilingual Challenge
This is the first multilingual Wikipedia collaboration. All Wikipedians can take part, in any Wikipedia language. The challenge runs from 1 May until 3 September 2011.
Andrew Dalby 12:36, 2 May 2011 (UTC)
Catalan Culture Challenge[edit | edit source]
I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.
The Catalan-speaking world... Want to find out more? From March 16 to April 15 we will organise the Catalan Culture Challenge, a Wikipedia editing contest in which victory will go to those who start and improve the greatest number of articles about 50 key figures of Catalan culture. You can take part by creating or expanding articles on these people in your native language (or any other one you speak). It would be lovely to have you on board. :-)
We look forward to seeing you!
No one needs free knowledge in Esperanto[edit | edit source]
There is a current discussion on German Wikipedia on a decision of Asaf Bartov, Head of WMF Grants and Global South Partnerships, Wikimedia Foundation, who rejected a request for funding a proposal from wikipedians from eowiki one year ago with the explanation the existence, cultivation, and growth of the Esperanto Wikipedia does not advance our educational mission. No one needs free knowledge in Esperanto. On meta there has also started a discussion about that decision. --Holder (talk) 10:03, 5 Suvluġvik 2014 (UTC)
Help for translate[edit | edit source]
Hello and sorry for writing in English. Can anyone help me translate a small article (2 paragraphs) from English to your language and create the article in your wiki? Please, fell free to answer in my talk page in your wiki anytime. Thanks! Xaris333 (talk) 23:42, 12 Tiŋŋivik 2014 (UTC)
Request for administrator rights[edit | edit source]
Paġlagivsi! I hereby put forth discussion on my request to be made an administrator for the Iñupiaq Wikipedia, which is seriously out of date, the main page especially needs some work. I am not a native speaker but I grew up around the language and I'm am learning more every day. Please help me revitalize this page by supporting me in gaining administrator rights to this page. Quyanaqpak Naulagmi (talk) 00:49, 25 October 2014
Feedback request: VisualEditor's special character inserter[edit | edit source]
I apologize for writing in English. Please translate this message so that all of your editors can read it. Thank you!
Hi everybody, my name is Erica, and I am a Community Liaison at the Wikimedia Foundation. I'm writing to you because the Editing team at WMF wants to know what you think about VisualEditor and its new Special character tool. This change will affect all users on about 50 Wikipedias, including your Wikipedia. Many editors at these Wikipedias need a special character tool to be able to write articles correctly, which is why we are asking you now.
The new special character inserter tool is available in VisualEditor now. Admins at your wiki can change the contents by following the directions at mediawiki.org.
To test the Special character tool, please:
- Opt-in to VisualEditor by going to Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures and choosing "VisualEditor". Save your preferences.
- Edit any article or your user page in VisualEditor by clicking on the new "Edit" tab at the top of the page. See the mw:Help:VisualEditor/User guide for information on how to use VisualEditor.
- Please post your comments and the language(s) that you tested at the feedback thread on Mediawiki.org. The developers would like to know what you think about this new design. It is important that they hear from as many editors as possible. You may leave your comments in any language.
When the special character tool has been refined a little more based on your thoughts, we will offer VisualEditor by default to all editors at this wiki. If you want to help prepare, please read the advice on mediawiki.org.
VisualEditor coming to this wiki[edit | edit source]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. I would be grateful if you can translate this message!
VisualEditor is coming to all editors at this Wikipedia on Monday, March 30th. VisualEditor is software that allows people to edit articles without needing to learn wikitext code (like typing [[ to start a link). You don't have to wait until the deployment to test it; you can test VisualEditor right now. To turn it on, select "Beta" in your preferences. Choose "VisualEditor" and click save.
Now, when you press the "Edit" button to edit an article, you will get the new VisualEditor software. To use the wikitext editor, you can press "Edit source". (After the deployment, everyone will automatically have the option to use either VisualEditor or the current wikitext editor.) For more information about how to use VisualEditor, see mw:Help:VisualEditor/User guide.
More information about preparing for VisualEditor is posted here.
- It's easier to add templates if you've added TemplateData instructions to them.
- Please help translate the pages about VisualEditor here and on MediaWiki.org, and its user interface. See VisualEditor TranslationCentral for general information. To translate the user guide, go to the MediaWiki.org page, and select "Translate this page". Your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've done this, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or change old translations. To translate the user interface, you need to create an account at translatewiki.net. Contact me personally if you need help with that.
- We need your help to improve the software! Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. If you notice major issues affecting your project, please leave a note on my talk page. If it's an emergency (like an unexpected bug causing widespread problems), reach out to James Forrester, the Product Manager, at email@example.com or on IRC in the #mediawiki-visualeditor channel.
VisualEditor now active here[edit | edit source]
Hello again (and again, apologies for using English on this page. Please do translate my message, if you can!).
As some of you have noticed, this Wikipedia now has VisualEditor (VisualEditor or "VE") enabled for all users. There are now two tabs for editing: "Edit" and "Edit source". Click "Edit" to use VisualEditor. Click "Edit source" to edit using wikitext markup.
All edits using VisualEditor will be tagged with "Tag:VisualEditor" in recent changes, watchlists, and page histories. To access the User Guide for VisualEditor, click on the "(?)" icon in VisualEditor's toolbar. If you wish to disable VisualEditor, this can be done under "Editing" in your preferences.
Please report any software "bugs" or errors you find at MediaWiki’s VisualEditor Feedback page. Translations for the user interface and its help guide are still needed: you can learn how to support your community with this and other tasks at this instructions page. Please contact me if you need further help though. Happy editing, User:Elitre (WMF) (talk) 15:09, 30 Paniqsiivik 2015 (UTC)
VisualEditor News #2—2015[edit | edit source]
19:48, 10 Tiŋmirrat Tatqiat 2015 (UTC)